Where to stay near to Kowloon MTR Station for easy departure from Hong Kong, or easy arrival for that matter? I’m going to list the top choices for you and a few alternative options that may be budget savers.
Kowloon MTR Station is on the Airport Express Line which services Hong Kong International Airport and Asia World Expo and also the Tung Chung MTR Line. The adjacent West Kowloon Station offers high speed train services to Shenzhen and Guangzhou. It’s about 8 minutes walk between the two stations.
Kowloon MTR Station is much more than a simple train station, offering hotels, shopping malls, sky-high observation decks and access to the new West Kowloon Cultural District. I’ll list those out further into the post, first let’s start with those hotel options.
There are three hotels located at Kowloon Station and near West Kowloon Station.
W Hong Kong 5 Star
The HarbourView Place 5 Star
The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong 5 Star
Budget Hotel Options
For that, you need to go off-site and that’s easy to do with your Airport Express ticket as you get a free shuttle service that takes you directly to many hotels and landmarks. See the full list here.
My pick of the value hotels serviced by the Airport Express shuttle bus are
Metropark Hotel Mongkok 3-star hotel
Things to do at Kowloon Station
- Go shopping and dining at Elements Mall
- visit Sky100 – the tallest observation deck in Hong Kong at the top of the ICC building
- have Afternoon Tea at Cafe 100 in the Ritz Carlton on the 100th floor of the ICC building
- enjoy the amazing night views and nightlife at OZONE bar on the 118th floor of the ICC building
- visit the West Kowloon Cultural District for green space and art exhibitions
- go ice skating at the rink in Elements Mall
- watch the free light show on the outside of the ICC building beginning at 7.45pm every night
- visit the MTR Gallery which is an exhibition of the metro system development in Hong Kong and its future
Kowloon Station Facts
- Bus routes to and from Kowloon Station see here [PDF]
- There are porters available to assist with luggage for Airport Express ticket holders
- Many major airlines offer check-in service at the station
- The station offers free Wi Fi
- Official page with info on left luggage, in-town check in, wifi see the MTR website
Kowloon Station Map featuring surrounding streets
Click for larger map image